Wow! Thatcher was so good today. I thought he played so hard that he would want to go right to sleep. Ryan stayed quite late (Friday night) I got all ready for bed and was getting ready to put Thatcher down and he would not go to bed for anything.. nothing worked. He was so agitated. He kept scratching at his surgery site and was just not himself. I thought he might be constipated with all of the meds he has been on so I gave him some Murilax. (sp, Fiber) I thought he was hungry and he did eat again, but I just could not get him to settle down. I wonder if it was the withdrawl from the morphine and the Lortab. Either way, my cute nurse came in about 12:30 and asked if I wanted to take him for a ride in the wagon. As you can see, it worked like a charm! Gotta love those nurses, gotta love the wagons.
Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Thank Heavens for those Little Red Wagons!
Wow! Thatcher was so good today. I thought he played so hard that he would want to go right to sleep. Ryan stayed quite late (Friday night) I got all ready for bed and was getting ready to put Thatcher down and he would not go to bed for anything.. nothing worked. He was so agitated. He kept scratching at his surgery site and was just not himself. I thought he might be constipated with all of the meds he has been on so I gave him some Murilax. (sp, Fiber) I thought he was hungry and he did eat again, but I just could not get him to settle down. I wonder if it was the withdrawl from the morphine and the Lortab. Either way, my cute nurse came in about 12:30 and asked if I wanted to take him for a ride in the wagon. As you can see, it worked like a charm! Gotta love those nurses, gotta love the wagons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment