Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Friday, March 21, 2008

The drooling has begun!


So I guess Thatcher is officially on the mend! Last night he started to drool! For those of you that know him, he is like a faucet. So- he is feeling really good! He was sick again last night, I know it is the Lortab. I discontinued it myself. We will do the Tylenol and Motrin and hopefully only need that when we go home..........TOMORROW! Bonnie pulled out the last chest tube this morning and took out his IV. His chest X ray looked really good and they are talking about another echo cardiogram and if that all goes well, then we will be home for Easters! (Camille, that one was for you) Hopefully I can get him on some solid foods today. He still has a long road ahead of him and I am sure we will have some issues to address in the future, but.......HE DID IT! He had open heart surgery 5 days ago and is playing with toys and giggling today. We are so fortunate that we have so much support. The visits, (Mom and Dad, Janet and Glen, Judy, Brian, Gabby, Katy, Heather & Justin) the meals (Training Table-Brian, Crown Burger-Gabby, Cafe Rio- Katy) the prayers, the humor and the scheduling to help with my kids (Mom, Dad-MOM-MOM-MOM, Lori, Debbie) It all means so much to me. My family will soon be whole again. Thatcher will soon be very healthy- we are so blessed!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

He looks so chipper and happy. Amazing recovery. I hope he's home soon!
Melissa

Cabo Pictures

Background