Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

A little sparkle.....




Yesterday was so much better. Last night we slept from 11:00pm to 4:00am. I feel like a new person! Today is a good day. Last night I asked them to reduce the amount of morphine they were giving him and it went really well. Today we are going to go every 6 hours instead of 3 and see how that goes. We also started the Loritab again today and I am trying to get something in his stomach before each time they administer. They also added another lasix medication to get rid of the fluid in his chest. The great news is they removed his left chest tube and both pacer wires! You can already see the little sparkle coming back in his eyes. We actually put a mobile of toys in front of him today and he kicked at them and even talked to them! He really hasn't talked until this morning, so that is a really good step forward. Although I am a little nervous about taking the morphine down, I think it has been much better. I am hoping that the boys can come up today and see him, I know they miss him and when he looks at their pictures that I put on his crib he pouts and cries a little. He misses his brothers! Katie is bringing us dinner tonight- Cafe Rio! That has to make the day better. Ryan stayed again last night, but I think tonight he will go home with the boys and sleep there and have a normal day with them tomorrow since they are on spring break. God Bless and take care!

2 comments:

Sunshine Marketing said...

hmmmm

Michelle said...

Hey guys,
Good to hear that things are going better. It sounds like he is on his way now.
We love ya and keep praying for you guys.
Jared, Michelle and Kids

Cabo Pictures

Background