Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Breathe in.......breathe out.....




Breathe.......


Today was SOOOO much better. We have Thatchers pain under control. He is still uncomfortable but he is sleeping for longer periods of time now. Today was wonderful. We had great nurses, which seriously make all the difference in your day. His temperature is back to normal. His sinus rythem hit the 120's today for the first time since his surgery. His numbers are still great. The only thing left- besides his pain- to overcome is the drainage from his chest tube. Hopefully tomorrow he will get those out. I cant imagine how painful they are. Can you believe how amazing this child is? I think he is "the bomb". Hopefully tonight will be good and tomorrow we can try to get him off of the Morphine. Thanks again for everyone support. It really does mean soo much to us. I don't think you can understand unless you have been in this position how much it means to you when you are so exhausted and get messages of hope and compassion from so many people. We love the e mails, voice mails, texts, phone calls and messages from others that you have given us. God Bless.

1 comment:

carolyn q said...

I am so glad that he is doing so well. What an amazing little man you have.
I also understand the stress of being put on the floor after leaving the PICU and feeling you have been placed in outer darkness, it's a hard transition.
I am hoping that at least you got put in a private room. Years ago when Hope was on the floor they actually put her in a room with another baby named Hope too. I didn't dare leave the room for any reason for fear the two Hope's would get mixed up and on one occasion the nurses did! It was a good thing I was there to question it and get it straightened out, but it was a frazzling experience needless to say.
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers that Thatcher will be home soon and his pain will become tolerable and you can get some good rest.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Cabo Pictures

Background