Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

This little piggy....




This little piggy went to the doctor....



This little piggy went too......



This little piggy has the flu...



This little piggy has none....



And this little piggy cried; "Wah wah wah,



I don't want to wear this mask home!"






YEP! No denying it...the swine flu is all around us.
Apparently, Thatcher and I had it last week and basically slept it off.
I only called the doctor because of Thatch's medical condition and I was worried after Dall's school and Sawyers friend came down with it. The doctor said they can only give anti-viral's (Tamiflu) if they catch the symptoms within 48 hours, it doesn't work after that. So I took them all in. One was positive and the other was negative...(that test was obviously wrong) but she put them all on antivirals.
I am only blogging because some people are treating this as though this is the 80's and they have AIDS, and it really isn't that big of a deal. AND after all, haven't we grown from that little immature time in history? Come on people, it is the flu. If it was called the "Diamond Flu" I highly doubt people would react this way.
For those of you out there that have every right to be nervous, (health issues, heart issues, age issues) you should be cautious. But for those of you that think my children are going to grow a curly tail and a pug nose...I am here to tell you that they are not. They both feel much better after one day of anti virals and although Thatch could possibly get it again, he is doing well.
So, I am here to tell you that aside from the HIGH fever, they really aren't any sicker than they would have been if they had the regular flu.
Please wash your hands.
Please cough into your sleeve.
And for heavens sake, PLEASE STAY HOME if you are not feeling well.
Next years flu season promises to be worse than this one.
Oh yeah....and.... GET A FLU SHOT!!!.... all those people who are health compromised would appreciate you not spreading it around.
Thanks!!!

In light of the recent deaths, please make sure that you don't take the doctors word for it, if you think you or your loved ones may have the flu and the doctor says the test is negative....BE SMART...the tests are not all that reliable and they make mistakes.
KNOW YOUR FACTS!!!! You CAN be treated with anti-virals within 48 hours and you SHOULD NOT use any aspirin with Tamiflu.
And again, STAY HOME...you could spread it to someone with a medical problem which could lead to that person becoming seriously ill, or worse.
Be responsible....please.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Cabo Pictures

Background