Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm baaaa aaaack!

Sometimes I need a little more, "Atta Girl!" than I get. And, let's face it, I have not been myself for the last year. But this last week, I was seriously considering applying for the Energizer Bunny's job. I could totally do it.

On Wednesday I took my girl (birthmom) and her family to the airport and then mowed my folks 12 acre lawn. (OK, so it isn't 12 acres, but it felt like it) Then I came home and mowed my own 10 acres (again, felt like it). Then we had two games that night and I made banana bread. On Thursday I cleaned the entire house and finished, YES FINISHED, the laundry for all 6 of us. I have had a sinus infection since last Tuesday, so to get anything done, was a feat.

On Friday, I went and had new tires mounted for Lisa's trailer that we borrowed. I came home and volunteered at Dallas' school. Then I came home and borrowed the Jensens trailer for the Seidel's 4wheeler and unloaded and laid 1400 sq feet of sod. I mounted the tires onto the trailer, hooked up the trailer to the truck and moved it into the backyard, pulled all the weeds that were around the shed pad and cleaned out the garage. On Saturday I was up early and renting a truck from Home Depot and drove it to Lehi to pick up 400 sq feet of sod. Unloaded it at my house and made another trip for 200 sq feet, unloaded that and took the truck back to Home Depot. I then went to Ryans flag football game and watched some young kids filled with too much testosterone make idiots out of themselves. After the game I came back home and laid the other 600 sq feet of sod. I then, power washed the basketball court, the garage, the patio, and most of the driveway. Ryan Kunz was nice enough to let us use his mantis to get the rest of our trenches dug on the driveway, (of which he trenched himself while we were at the football game- what a guy!)so we laid the rest of the sod there and watched the Seidel's kids while they went on a date. I then did 4 more batches of laundry and all my case notes for work and bathed the kids and put them to bed. On Sunday I finished the rest of the driveway and shoveled all the left over dirt from the curb to the back yard. Then I planted the rest of my vegetables and the lemon, lime, orange and blueberry plants that I bought. We had about 40 people over for a BBQ at 2:00 and I made dinner and we had s'mores, (Thanks to Tamera) and I cleaned up the yard and the house before folding 2 more batches of laundry and heading off to bed.

Whew!

However.....

When you have carpal tunnel, and you don't get surgery, it tends to come back like Montezuma revenge when you over do it. YUP, Overdone it! (pointing at my head) They hurt so bad today that I want to slice open my skin and let all the swelling out. I talked to the doctor and he read my tests and suggested I get surgery- but I would rather stay out of the hospital this year, so I will have to do something else. He suggested Prednisone........WHAT? That isn't going to happen. So, I am on Naproxen and trying to stay busy so I don't think about the pain.

But I accomplished sooo much. I feel like myself again. I mean, I really FEEL like myself again. I am again the girl who can and will do anything I set my mind to.

Thanks to the Seidel's for the 4 wheeler and the power washer.

Thanks to the Jensens for the trailer. (totally saved my back)

Thanks to the Kunz's for their Mantis and to Ryan for digging the trenches!

With all of your help, this is the final result!

And the strip down the driveway too! Hoorah!

6 comments:

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Could I borrow you for a few days!!! You are absolutely AMAZING! It looks wonderful.

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Oh my goodness! You're INCREDIBLE! Can I seriously rent some of your energy?

Good job! Your yard looks beautiful! You're inspiring!

The INCREDIBLE Pettit's said...

You may be on top of everything but I am way behind. Welcome back...but I liked you just the way you were...I can't imagine how much more I will like you now!

Tamera said...

I'm exhausted just reading your post! The yard looks great. Next bbq, I'll make salmon pasta salad for you.

ryanfam said...

Hi! I blogged on through Keely Meier (my sis in Law). Please before surgery for your carpal tunnel look into massage therapy. Structural Integration specifically. It will change your life. It will take a few treatments, but you will be changed. Give it a shot. It's worth it.. Right?!
PS where do you live? EMAIL ME kwaters8@hotmail.com.I can suggest a therapist in the salt lake and surrounding areas

Keely said...

How funny...my sister-in-law left a comment! You gotta love blog stalking!! hehe!! But seriously, she is an amazing therapist and knows a lot about what she does.

Okay, onto your blog.....
HOLY MOLY!!!! Girl, you ROCK!!
I cannot believe how much you've accomplished in your yard...you're my hero and inspiration. I definitely need to pick up the pace around here. :)
By the way...it looks amazing!

Cabo Pictures

Background