Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful...and sad....


I am just catching up on my "blog stalking" today.... There are so many families out there that I pray for, on a daily basis.

I am so grateful.

I am so grateful for my sons...for their health. I wouldn't change anything about them. I love all my sons. They are all very different and I hope I am the kind of parent that allows them to be different. I hope that I don't try to push them into molds they don't belong in. I hope I can let them flourish with the skills they have and embrace their differences. And, even more importantly...I hope they know I feel that way. Success isn't measured by how much money we have, how much property we own, how many degrees we have, how we feel about politics. It is measured in how much we give back, how many people love us, and how much we love. I love my family, and I m so grateful for them. So happy not to be going to the doctor, the hospital, or the cemetery.

****A note to my boys....****

I love you ... I love you... I love you....

I am so grateful.

I am so blessed.

If sometimes I push you, remember that I only want what is best for you. And, if you truly don't believe that what I want is what is best for you, lets talk about it. Lets discuss what it is you want out of life. Lets talk about where you want to go, what you want to do, and who you want to be. Maybe you will enlighten me, and maybe we can learn more about each other in the process.

But- always know that I am here for you...and I may make mistakes, but I only want you to have the fullest, happiest life possible.

I love you more than anything I thought possible....and that will never change.

No comments:

Cabo Pictures

Background