
Are you kidding, #12 already?

YIKES!
Happy Birthday to an incredible kid. He's smart, friendly, helpful, works hard, funny, bright, and mature.
A few weeks ago, his principal called Ryan and told him a story of Dallas asking a little boy in his class to play at recess, to play football for several days in a row even though sometimes the little boy said no but sat and watched them anyway. He didn't have many friends and he never played at recess, he just sat and watched. Dallas asked him every day for a week at every recess to play football with him and his buddies. Some of the kids made fun of Dallas for asking him, but it didn't phase Dallas. He just kept doing it. He said that the little boy reminded him of a story I told him....
There was a boy in junior high that cleaned out his locker at school and took everything home in his backpack....that day walking home from school, one of the "cool" kids asked him to play basketball with him. The little boy stopped to play for a little while and after that day, they became fast friends. At their High school graduation, the little boy that cleaned out his locker spoke at commencement and told the the school that he had planned on committing suicide that day in Junior High as he cleaned out his locker, and because of one person asking him to play basketball, he changed his mind. Because one person befriended him, he was now speaking to them as their Student Body President.
I am grateful that Dallas took this to mean that HE could change this little boys quality of life. and I am so blessed that he cared, that he took it upon himself to make life better.
The Principal thought enough to call Ryan, and his teacher sent me an e mail telling me that she loves him dearly. What can I say, I have some GREAT kids.
Happy Birthday little man, you mean so much to me. I love you.





2 comments:
What a sweet son you have and how it reflects on you as the mother. You are doing a great job with the boys! We can't wait to catch up with you at the summer picnic.
Dallas is an amazing guy. I've loved him since day one and still laugh when I think of the little boy who I had to duct tape the diaper on, who got curious and pulled the wallpaper off of my wall, who protected Olivia with all of his might when he was 2. Happy birthday Dallas!
Post a Comment