We are so happy with the result. Thatchers scar tissue has closed the VSD that they did not have enough tissue to close last year...I know, AWESOME! His valve is actually pumping more blood than normal, not less...so- we are happy campers! The stress has just been unbelievable. You know, I think we have dealt with Thatchers series of events extremely well, he has been relatively healthy for a heart baby and we are very lucky. But when all is said and done, and the doctor tells you not to come back for one year, your body goes into a little shut down mode. Ryan and I were so exhausted we took a 3 hour nap after Thatchers appointment. WE NEVER sleep like that! It was such a relief! We are still mindful of all the wonderful children out there that are not so lucky and we pray for them and their families all the time.
I want to reach out to those of you that may know someone with health issues.....don't forget about them. Yes, they may not want to talk about the drama of it all the time, but just because the procedure, or medication, or hospitalization is over- it doesn't mean the stress is over, and in many cases it doesn't mean they are finished with their journey. Many times it is a lifetime diagnosis and just because you cant see it on the outside, people still need support. Stress is a killer, so if someone close to you doesn't act quite right, or might be a little sensitive, or act a little selfish with their time, give them the benefit of the doubt. We are all going through trials and adversity- just because it may not be obvious to you, doesn't mean they aren't having a rough time.
We are so happy to have good news! Our little fighter is amazing! Ryan and I think he "willed" his heart to get better! Stubbornness can be a good thing!
We are so happy to have good news! Our little fighter is amazing! Ryan and I think he "willed" his heart to get better! Stubbornness can be a good thing!




4 comments:
Yeah for a good report. I love the yearly visits because it means they are doing so well. And you are right, we can all be a little nicer to others!
Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Jacob's Momma
That is incredible! Thatcher is a little go getter!
I'm so happy for your stress relief! What a blessing! I love your advice, thanks for the reminding us all to be more loving! :)
Isn't that awesome to get to go back in a year! We just got that same news last week and I was ELATED!
Thatcher is such a cute boy and I love his hair!
Post a Comment