Easter at home! Easter was good. Ryan and I traded off staying home with Thatch so the boys could celebrate like normal. He is pretty sore, and puts the pouty face on when he doesn't feel good. Today he has been very pale, which worries me. His torso looks like someone used it for a punching bag. It looks worse than it did the first day. There is a large bruise shaped like an egg and his belly is a little distended on the same spot. It almost looks like a hernia. Hopefully it is just swelling and it will come down with the Lasix. We are going to the pediatrician tomorrow for a follow up. I am so incredibly happy that he is home and healthy. I can't imagine our life without him. He is such a happy little guy- even though he is still pretty miserable. I am staying on top of his pain meds around the clock. Today I did not wake him up and let him sleep through when I was to give him his meds for another hour. I guess every day he will feel better and better. He itches something terrible on his chest. I try to preoccupy him but it really bothers him. I wish the steri strips would fall off already so I could put a decent dressing on it. When we were leaving Saturday we took the wagon down to the exit and I picked him up and put him in his car seat and he looked around in his car seat and his the nurse commented on his eyes getting 4 sizes bigger and he made the biggest smile! I would have loved to know what he was thinking. When we stopped at my moms for lunch and to pick up Sawyer Saturday on the way home from the hospital, we set him in his car seat out on the sun porch and he just looked around for the longest time. Then all of the sudden he had the biggest SIGH. Almost as if he realized he was out of the hospital and going home. It was so sweet. We all laughed. It is so nice to see him happy again. He has already been in his walker and doesn't even wince. I try to keep him from overdoing himself, but at his age, it is hard to know. I cannot believe it has been a week already. I cannot believe I made it through. He is my hero, he is my strength, he is such a sweet example.
Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!
Monday, March 24, 2008
One Week Already!
Easter at home! Easter was good. Ryan and I traded off staying home with Thatch so the boys could celebrate like normal. He is pretty sore, and puts the pouty face on when he doesn't feel good. Today he has been very pale, which worries me. His torso looks like someone used it for a punching bag. It looks worse than it did the first day. There is a large bruise shaped like an egg and his belly is a little distended on the same spot. It almost looks like a hernia. Hopefully it is just swelling and it will come down with the Lasix. We are going to the pediatrician tomorrow for a follow up. I am so incredibly happy that he is home and healthy. I can't imagine our life without him. He is such a happy little guy- even though he is still pretty miserable. I am staying on top of his pain meds around the clock. Today I did not wake him up and let him sleep through when I was to give him his meds for another hour. I guess every day he will feel better and better. He itches something terrible on his chest. I try to preoccupy him but it really bothers him. I wish the steri strips would fall off already so I could put a decent dressing on it. When we were leaving Saturday we took the wagon down to the exit and I picked him up and put him in his car seat and he looked around in his car seat and his the nurse commented on his eyes getting 4 sizes bigger and he made the biggest smile! I would have loved to know what he was thinking. When we stopped at my moms for lunch and to pick up Sawyer Saturday on the way home from the hospital, we set him in his car seat out on the sun porch and he just looked around for the longest time. Then all of the sudden he had the biggest SIGH. Almost as if he realized he was out of the hospital and going home. It was so sweet. We all laughed. It is so nice to see him happy again. He has already been in his walker and doesn't even wince. I try to keep him from overdoing himself, but at his age, it is hard to know. I cannot believe it has been a week already. I cannot believe I made it through. He is my hero, he is my strength, he is such a sweet example.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Tammy, I've followed Thatchers experience through your blog and am so happy to hear of his success. Not only is HE amazing, but so are YOU! He's so lucky to have you for a mother. I'm glad things are better than expected. Give my love to all of your family!
Post a Comment