Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Intermountain Healing Hearts Mothers Luncheon

Wow. There are not words to describe the experience I was fortunate to have on Saturday. The support group we belong to, Intermountain Healing Hearts, had a Mothers Luncheon at Gardner Village. Look at all these beautiful women. This is a very elite group of amazing, strong, fantastic, empathetic, courageous women. And I am so grateful to know them and to have them for support.

Honestly, It was a spiritually moving day. The MC was Rebbecca Cressman from FM 100.3, she did a great job. Margaret Cardall was the keynote speaker and she had everyone laughing and crying at the same time. She was amazing. She brought her journal and spoke of some of the times she went through with Paul when he was in surgery for various heart procedures. She mentioned that she wished she had a group like ours, of women and mothers that she could go to when she needed the support. That really got me thinking. Women are amazing beings. Men don't have support like this, men just sweep their feelings and stress and insecurities under the rug and rarely deal with them head on. But we do. We put ourselves out there, weaknesses, strengths, positivity, insecurities, skills, and we try harder every day. And, for the most part, women understand women, we may say things that make us sound weak, but in all actuality, it takes courage to say those things and to build from them. I thank God everyday for the people in this group. I had visions that one day I would speak at a lunch like this one, one day people might be moved from something I have to say, and I have Thatch to thanks for that.


She was wonderful.



Paul was darling. He talked with the crowd as if he felt at home and we were his sisters or cousins. He played beautiful, amazing music for us. It was moving. It was fantastic. It was memorable.
It was truly the first spiritual experience I have had in a very long time.
I know- that is sad. Some of you are shocked because I consider myself a spiritual person, not religious but spiritual, that has been missing for so long.
But Saturday, I was in a place- physical and emotional and spiritual that was FULL of ...
MIRACLES......
and
ANGELS.
So many angels- TOO many angels...but they were there and I am privileged to have been touched by them.
Thank you Intermountain Healing Hearts...you know who you are, thank you for setting up this fantastic event. Much Love to all of you.

3 comments:

Heart Mommy said...

I love knowing you... I am so glad to be part of our group so that I can know you.... Thanks for being so great, you are totally an important part of the strength of that group... One day you will be a keynote speaker, I can just see it....

Tamera said...

That's wonderful ... I'm so glad you have a place to share those feelings and feel supported.

carolyn q said...

Beautiful post. I am glad that the event was something special for you to attend.
(HUGS)

Cabo Pictures

Background