Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Paying it forward....


Two years ago today.....Thatcher and Teagan spent their first St Patricks Day like this.
Brytt and I and the Ryan's spent it stressed out beyond all measure.
This year, they are doing REMARKABLY well.
So, Brytt and I decided that we would go to the hospital and take treats to the families in the PICU waiting room. It turned out to be much more emotional than I had anticipated. As Brytt was trying to explain to the mom and dad in the PICU waiting room, she got pretty choked up and I stepped in. The family was still pretty shocked and I don't think it really registered what we were telling them, however, Brytt made a darling basket for them with every green treat in the tri-state area (it was so cute). And we took our picture with them. Don't worry, I told her I would be blogging about this and she approved the picture. Funny.
Teag wasn't feeling very Hollywood today.
I DO want to point out something VERY important.
Their son...was just diagnosed with his heart defect.
This is their first heart surgery.
He is a very active boy.
He is 11.


Think about that for a minute. Their child went 11 years undiagnosed.
Thank God for medical doctors and tests that are more and more advanced each year.
God Bless to this family and many others.

No comments:

Cabo Pictures

Background