Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Monday, August 31, 2009

BBQ with the Pettit's!




I have a new sister, a heart sister.... We met the Pettit's, as many of you know, at the hospital while we were all in the waiting room waiting for our heart babies to make it through open heart surgery. They then showed up right next to us in the PICU and we stressed out together. When Thatcher was moved to the floor, I still tried to go down everyday and see them in the PICU as often as possible. And now, here we are today. When Teag's went in for his surgeries, I would tell Brytt that in no time at all we would all be sitting on the beach playing in the sand. And here we are planning our trip to the lake. It is a full circle moment for me. I am so glad this was the outcome. Even though these boys will always be heart babies, we have them here with us now, and I am so happy to spend the time with them.
We also practiced how to make s'mores........mmmmm......mmmmmm...

1 comment:

The INCREDIBLE Pettit's said...

I don't even know what to say...I can't believe where we are today, I'm so thankful for your sweet family, you have been there for us on some pretty hard days and some pretty good ones too! Thanks for the memories...let's make some more!

Cabo Pictures

Background