Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Growing, growing, growing!


Uh oh, looks like Thatcher has grown out of his PJ's! I love this picture. Look how cute those little piggies are! I am sad these jami's don't fit anymore. They were sooo cute on him.
He is really growing now. I think his eating strike is over. He was on a hunger strike either because he is protesting the government buy out, or he finally got that tooth in. I am not sure which. He is so funny. He says; truck, Dad, motorcycle, and Ma ma (Bob). He also signs a few words; eat, more, please, milk and drink. He WILL NOT allow you to hold his hand while he is walking. He DOES NOT want to be "steered" in any direction. This presents a problem when we go hiking because he thinks he can hike up the entire mountain, by himself. He probably could too. He also has learned the art of "peek-a-boo" and hide and go seek. He LOVES to play with the boys around the house. He is a giggling fool. I love to hear him laugh. On Wednesday I took all the boys to get their flu shots and Thatcher had to get his 1 year old shots. He was not happy. He spit at the nurse! I realize that this in not a becoming action for a one year old, (I promptly told him NO! NO!) but secretly I was cheering for him. Enough with the shots, enough with the needles and enough with doctors! I am glad that he is stubborn and knows what he wants! May the innocent be liberated!
By the way, some of you have asked -and I have refrained from talking about his 6 month check up at the cardiologist. .....Deep Breath......Dr Everitt can already hear the valve leaking. The EKG showed that he does have more leakage than what was originally thought. This means another open heart surgery. Yup. Don't know when. We will have another sedated echo in March and then we will go from there. I was totally blindsided by this news and am still not 100% positive that I accept it. I am one of those people that expect the worst and hope for the best, but I was not prepared for this. So.... I have decided that I am not going to think about it. You heard right, I will not be talking about it or spending any energy worrying about this situation until after his sedated echo in March. It is too much wasted negative energy and it is sucking the life out of me.
Has anyone seen my soap box? I may have lost it somewhere in the last paragraph?

4 comments:

Kim Millard said...

You are welcome to have a soap box! We will keep little Thatch in our thoughts and prayers, as always!

Stephanie Ellinger said...

That is frustrating about the heart! Since Nathan's repair in June, Jake and I have been telling everyone that we were hoping that that valve wouldn't be an issue for a while. That hits a little to close to home! We wish you guys the best. Who is your cardiologist?

Lyndsay said...

Tammy you're an amazing mom to such cute little guys! Thatcher is so adorable and you're right- enjoy these times rather than worry about something out of your control. Easy to say but hard to do, right! Hang in there- we love ya!

Tamera said...

Darling photo - perfect way to preserve that memory. I'm sorry about the check-up but it's wise to save your energy for when you need it the most. We'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

Cabo Pictures

Background