Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Officially on the mend....

So...I have not felt well for over a year. I have been to the doctor a few times.
I finally was so sick when I went to Anaheim in January that when I arrived back home I scheduled some minor surgery. The healing time was  6-8 weeks. It has been almost 3 months. I am still not 100%.
A few weeks ago I fell ill again the same way I did when I was in California for work.
I went to the ER and told  Ryan that I was going to get my gallbladder out.
I just couldn't figure out what else it could be.
Turns out, I have ulcers....great BIG FAT ones.
Six of them to be exact.
Hallelujah and praise the Lord! Something really IS wrong with my body and it is NOT all in my head.
So I had an endoscopy about 2 weeks ago and was put on some FANTASTIC medication and now I feel like a million bucks. Not one buck, like before, but a million.
I'm not sure I could tell  you when the last time was that I felt this good.
I sure hope it lasts.
I have literally lost 3 inches around my waste from all the infection, acid, swelling around my middle.
I am still not eating very well but I have not felt this good in years.  Maybe ever.
Anyway, some of you were asking, so that is the long and short of it.

2 comments:

carolyn q said...

WOW, that is wonderful that you are feeling so much better now. Hmmm. . .not that you haven't dealt with any stress or anything. I am glad that the meds are working.
(HUGS)
Carolyn

likeschocolate said...

My husband had the same problem he was on med for 6 months and ate Yougurt religiously. Both have helped.

Cabo Pictures

Background