My little track star! This Summer we signed up for track. last year Sawyer "raced" with Rylee at her club meet and loved it so we signed all of them up this year. We had so much fun! I LOVED watching them run and try something new. Sawyer, bless his heart, loved racing and at the very last race he came in second to last. As he was sitting there next to me watching Dallas' race, I asked him what was wrong and he said; "Nothing, I am just really proud of myself." I thought I was going to cry. I want to live in his world and be proud of myself for coming in second to last. He is such a sweet boy, always smiling up at the crowd and sometimes waving at us while he was racing. He is the sweetest boy I have ever met. Still rough around the edges and all boy, but with the personality that never stops. I just love him to pieces. Sawyer ran the 50 meter, the 100 meter, and sometimes the 200 meter.
This is one of my favorite pictures. Dallas is running his heart out and Dakota is running along side him cheering him on. Telling him to push harder, telling him he can do it. Giving him encouragement, wait a minute? My boys are giving each other encouragement? What? Did I just witness that? Huh....I guess it does happen. They are at that age where I never hear them be nice to each other, maybe I should frame this and put it up in the kitchen....just to remind them that they really can be nice to each other.Dallas did a great job this year as well. This race was the 400 meter. I was so impressed that he raced in the 400 and the 800. He also ran the 100 meter and did the high jump. He is a really good runner and I loved watching them every second.
Dallas running in the 800 meter, yes folks, that's twice around the track. What great form he has!
Dallas running in the 800 meter, yes folks, that's twice around the track. What great form he has!
Dakota and the hurdles....look how high he gets! Phenomenal! The first track meet we went to he said he was going to run the 100 meter hurdles and I was shocked. I was supportive but secretly I was worried he would fall, Lord knows I would! I would fall flat on my face! But he didn't, not even one time. He raced the hurdles in every meet and came in at the front of the pack every time! So much fun to watch! He also ran the 400 meter relay with his friend Benny and the 200 meter.
OK, so seriously...this is one of my favorite pictures this summer. Not just because Thatch really was racing them all, but because of the looks on the other kids faces behind him. They genuinely think he is the cutest thing ever. Even with his CraZy hair! How I love this summer, how I love spending time with all these kids, so happy!




No comments:
Post a Comment