Judy's 60th birthday!


Seriously, do we look related, or what? For those of you that don't know me very well, my aunt Judy and i are very close. When I was younger I watched her boys for the summer while she was at work, when I was a preteen for years she took me to Disneyland every UEA weekend with her and Justin and Spencer to we could all ride the rides. We had some seriously fun times. When we went to Japan to pick up my brother from his mission, she went with us and we still laugh about dinners in the emperors room. So this birthday was special, 60! WOW! She doesn't look 60! So, because I am broke, and more sentimental than materialistic, I did something I have wanted to do for a long time. I went to my grandparents house, the one they built and the one she grew up in, and asked the sweet lady that lived there, if I could dig up some of my Grandma's prize winning iris's. (I know....gutsy of me) She was so understanding and was happy to let me have some. So I packaged them up and decorated a paint can for her and gave some of them to her for her birthday. Now she can plant them in her yard, or at the cabin and always have them watching over her. I know...I know....what can I say, I am sentimental.
Here she is holding the cute little cuppie cakes that I made her. I made them purple and red in honor of the "Red Hat Club".
Here is another picture of them. I have to say, the candy coated ones are a little too sweet for me. I like the chocolate covered ones better. Who knows? Maybe you will get some for your birthday!?
Cindy was gracious enough to have a girls party for Judy at her house. We had BBQ'd salmon and delicious salads and desserts. We sat out on the patio and had a great time talking and pointing and laughing at each other. It is what we do best!






No comments:
Post a Comment