
I totally did it.
I raced and finished a triathlon!
It was my first one- and in 50 degree water and I totally did it.
Unbelievable to me. I never thought I would be able to say that I did a triathlon.
(Don't get me wrong, I am not crazy, you wont be hearing that I am doing a marathon any time soon- or ever. Those races are for "special people", "super human" people....)
TRIATHLONS are for me. I loved it! It was truly a fabulous experience.
The camaraderie was incredible, people would pass you and tell you to keep going and everyone would cheer you on as you ran in. So much fun! I was lucky enough to have people that love me there to show their support. My mom and dad, Judy, Janet and Glen and of course, my "Coach" Ryan. My three oldest boys ran with me to the finish line! They were so cute! The other families waiting thought they were adorable.
A big THANK YOU to those of you that were there cheering me on, I am so grateful that you were there. And a big thank you to those of you that couldn't be there but supported me in other ways. Ang- thanks for all your wisdom. Lorraine, thanks for the phone call, Brian and Gabby thanks for cheering me on. Also thanks to the Seidel's, Kevern's, Rene (cute gift basket!). And anyone else that wished me good luck. It really means a lot to me and I will never forget it.
So....gear up people....you know who you are! We are doing this Bear Lake Brawl again next year! And we are doing it in a group! I HAVE to improve my time (because this years time sucked!) and I want everyone that wants to do it there with me! You can go to http://www.milliseconds.com/ResultsDisplay.php and see my (all be it pathetic) results! After 3 days they finally have the times up instead of listing me as DID NOT FINISH!
You have exactly ONE YEAR to prepare! YOU CAN DO IT!!





6 comments:
I am impressed! I have to admit that the thought has never crossed my mind to do one of these.
Awesome Job Tami. I tell you, racing of any kind is totally addicting. I didn't even realize it was coming up this soon. What was the distance (sprint?).
Congrats!
Michelle
If I remember right, you wrote on my blog that I was "CRAZY" for running and liking it! Let's just say- YOU are the crazy one- you not only ran but you swam and biked all during the same race! What! YOU are totally awesome and I'm so proud of you for your big accomplishment! CONGRATS!!
WOW, what an accomplishment as I know you had to do some hard training.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
I knew you could do it! you have overcome so much this year! Congratulations! Love ya!
You are a ROCKSTAR!!! You look don't even look tired in your photos....you are amazing. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Love ya,
Ash
Post a Comment