Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Sunday, March 9, 2008

One more week!





How cute is this guy? Gotta love the hat! Today was so beautiful we went outside for hours! The boys played football with their dad and a little soccer. Thatcher walked all over the patio in his walker.






Last Thursday we took the boys to the pre-surgical class at PCMC. The boys did not want to go but I made them. It went really well. They gave all the boys surgical hats and surgical gloves and let them play with stethoscopes. Sawyer wore his all over the hospital during the tour. Everyone that passed by him smiled and commented how cute he was.





So this week will be very, very, hard for me. My gorgeous, talented, smart, funny, friendly, sweet, competitive son is moving into "teenagedom". I am mourning the loss of his childhood but very excited for him to know everything so I can take a break. He is so fabulous. After his birthday we will be preparing for Thatchers surgery. I am holding it together mostly because Thatcher has been so healthy and happy. I am enjoying every minute I have with him. Kissing his little feet and loving all the hugs he gives. I am so lucky that I have all this time with him. I will never forget it. I am grateful that my husband is so supportive and wants me to stay home with him as long as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the boys are. Especially Thatch I love his cute puffy cheeks! I have been counting down the days and can't believe the time is almost here. I know he will do fabulous! Tell Ryan hi for me and the team.

Brenda said...

Hi Tammy. I'm so glad you posted more pictures. It's fun to see you and the kids. Is the surgery still set for the 17th? Let me know if it changes. We'll be joining you in fasting for Thatcher. Give my love to Ryan!

Cabo Pictures

Background