Did I mention how much I love the ranch?
Awwwww! It's ok baby! You beautiful thing!
I love this place. You could say that I even love these animals. This is the best place for boys to become men and for adults to get back to the simple (albeit hard working) life. I love all the life lessons and all the simplicity of the ranch.
We were able to get Dakota in this year and help with the calves. He had to get in the pen with the calves and wrangle each individual calf in the chute so they could be branded and get their medications. Most city people would not understand these tasks, but my kids do. They understand how important it is for them to be branded and for them to get all their medications before they are able to contract any illness. I am so grateful for the opportunities that the ranch gives me and my children. I am a country girl, maybe not FULL time, but definitely love my cowgirl roots!
OK, so this may rate right up there with my favorite pictures of the ranch. The other ones I will try to find and post in a few days. This one is so cute. Thatcher actually has my Grandpa Acord's hat on and the other three have on my dad's hats on.

This is the cool new photography I took this time. Actually, Dakota took it. I thought it was cute with mine and Ryans silhouette, the fence post, and our cowboy hats. (also Grandpa's hats)
Sawyer went out with Grandpa to shoot and when he came back he told me; "Mom, I shot a cat, but it was already dead. And I shot a snake, but it was already dead too. And I shot at a dead cow, and a stick and a rock." It was so cute. I loved that he told me the animals were already dead, because he knew that it was wrong, but only a little, because they were already dead, and Grandpa said it was all right. He is all boy.
Dallas and Dakota shot almost every B B in the house, and that is really saying something! Grandpa stocked up when he knew the boys were coming up. He even bought another gun so there would not be fighting between the two. They shot everything in sight. They may have even hit something!
Dallas in the tree. I don't think you realize how hard it is to climb trees in cowboy boots, but you really don't wear anything else at the ranch. And Grandma has a closet full of them in case you forget yours. Grandma's are great.
OK....so I asked Sawyer to take a picture of me on my favorite swing. He danced around and danced around and said.."I have to go to the bathroom!" I said; "OK, well...hurry and take the picture and then you can go to the bathroom." He took the picture and I jumped down and grabbed the camera from him and told him to hurry inside. He said he already did.......
I couldn't believe it. This is a kid that NEVER had an accident. I took his picture as he was taking his clothes off outside and he turned around, slapped his leg, and laughed and said; "I can't believe I just peed in my pants! I love this place!" I laughed so hard. He just couldn't believe he did it. Like he was 30 years old laughing with his friends and peed his pants from laughing so hard. It was so funny. I cant get over what a darling personality he has. He is so much fun.




3 comments:
Looks like so much fun - memories your boys will carry with them into adulthood.
Sooo FUN! That is a funny story about Sawyer LOL! I absolutly LOVE that picure of you and Ryan... so sexy!
The Ranch looks AWESOME! What a great place to take your boys.
Post a Comment