Thatchers Treehouse started as a way to keep friends and family informed of Thatcher's open heart surgery, progress and struggles with Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, or CHD. We are happy to report that he is doing very well and will continue to post about his medical situations when they arise. Thanks for coming to the Treehouse!

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Healthy Healthy Healthy!! OH- And The Gestapo

Thursdays appointment went well. Thatcher is up to 13 lbs and 26 inches! Thatch's sats were at 99%! How can that be? He is a fighter. He knows what he wants for sure. And dont worry- he will tell you what it is! Had the synegis shot again, I hate the blood draw. Next time I am going to do it myself. At least I will know that I am not hurting him instead of trusting that they aren't! They stuck him 3 times! ARRRGGGHH! His little hand is bruised all the way up the vein to his wrist! Seriously folks, if you are not good at it- get whomever is and keep practicing on oranges! You work at a childrens hospital for hell sakes! (did I just say that outloud?) Hmmmm.
For all of you who think that the front desk people at the Dr's office are grouchy- I told them so this time. I frankly asked them,
"You guys seem very grouchy today. Do I need to bring sugar next time or what is the deal?"
To which the billing girl replied;
"What? I havent said ONE WORD to you?"
To which I replied,
"I know, that is exactly my point!"
Dr Everett was standing there and gasped. She said that I get a treat next time for confronting the Gestapo. :)
Im feeling a little scrooge-ish this year. When the basement gets finished, I will be much less stressed! Or more- depending on our incoming medical bills! Ha! Anyway, thanks to all of you have called and asked how we are doing. It really means a lot to us. A phone call or e mail can make all the difference in my day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. The front desk people are always grumpy. They should be sweet especially dealing with sick kids. I'm so happy to hear Thatcher is doing well. You all are always in our prayers. Keep us posted.

Brittany and Family

carolyn q said...

I am glad to read that Thatcher's appointment went so well. What a great feeling and present for Christmas.
Ha, I just laughed when I read your comment about the front desk. I thought maybe things had changed in the past 7 years with the attitudes at the front desk. . .it sounds like it hasn't and I am sure not the same people are working there. Ya, I think you might need to sweeten them up a little at the next visit too.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Kingsford Family said...

I love your comment to the front desk staff. I just thought it was ME! I tried being extra sweet and making funny comments, but they just ignore me and refuse to crack a smile. Someone should remind them that they don't work at the DMV. :)
Glad Thatcher is doing well!

Michele

Cabo Pictures

Background